Free Anti-Virus License for Everyone. Exclusive Pre-Launch Consumer Offer on ESET SMART SECURITY Version 8 for this Christmas.
ESET, a couple of days ago announced the exclusive pre-launch consumer offer on ESET SMART SECURITY 8. Unique feature of this new version is that user can install antivirus on any of his device with any operating system running. This offer will be valid till December 31, 2014.
Recently ESET has collaborated with Facebook for protecting online users from malware and spams. As a bonus gift, ESET is pleased to announce that this exclusive pre-launch offer is free for Facebook users in addition to provide them newer and breath-taking experience of ESET’s Smart Security 8.
ESET Smart Security 8 is an award winning product; recently achieved the highest score for performance in AV Comparatives test by outperforming all its contenders. In addition, new version include Botnet Protection combined with Enhanced Exploit Blocker protection.
ESET Smart Security, 2015 edition runs on any system with Microsoft® Windows® 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and Microsoft Windows Home Server 2003, 2011.
To win free ESET SMART SECURITY 8:
Login to your Facebook account and click here
For more information click here
Bournvita Quiz Contest for Kids app on Android and iOS.
India’s longest running and favourite quiz show, Bournvita Quiz Contest has kept pace with the times. In today’s digital age, it is now launching a new season which can be viewed online only, the TV version will no longer exist. Additionally, it has launched an App called IndiaPlaysBQC, available on Android and iOS. Below are some of the key features of this app:
An app available on Google Play store & IOS, can also be used for 24/7 quizzing, taking quizzes, then pausing and resuming the quiz whenever a person feels like.
- The app has had more than 100 k downloads last year and was an extremely influential medium towards the success of the show.
Astrum ET240 Bluetooth In-Ear Headphone. In-ear anchor clip for comfortable workout, Sweat Resistant. CSR aptX certified. Superior sound. Built-in Microphone for easy connectivity.
Astrum has recently launched in-ear sports Bluetooth earphone Astrum ET240 (A10524). CSR aptX certified Astrum ET240 delivers superior sound, offering a premium listening experience and optimal wearability.
The In-Ear Bluetooth Headphone is claimed to have fantastic bass, stays without chafing or tugging, and resists sweating. It is featured with a small in-ear anchor grip which acts as a gripper to ear-buds. The feather buds and ear hooks with loop over the ear favors in no fear of these falling off during mid-run with ear hooks attached. The In-Ear Bluetooth Headphone are designed for hours use comfortably. It has easy controls to play/pause music, volume and answer/end calls.
The earphones have a Built-in Microphone which provides easy connectivity and one can take calls anytime. The Bluetooth Technology used is CSR V4.0 gives a crisp and clear audio. It offers revolutionary fifteen hours battery play time.
Mr Raymond Li, APAC Manager for Astrum‘s operation in India said,
“Astrum ET240 is an ideal choice for fitness freaks. One can enjoy these In-Ear Bluetooth Headphone during hike, bike or hit the gym while listening to the music. Also, one can wear the headset comfortably during the most intense workouts as the earphone stays securely fit and comfortably in. Being light weight, it never compromises with sound quality. The new age ear phone will help our channel partners to stay ahead in contemporary digital accessory market matching the needs of the customers with affordable prices“.
Astrum ET240 Price, Availability and Warranty
Astrum ET240 (A10524) is priced at MRP of Rs. 4999 and will be available ex-stock with Emporis Peripherals from the month of December 2014. It is backed up with a carry-in 1 year warranty.
Astrum ET240 In-Ear Bluetooth Headphone Technical Specifications:
- Weighs 15.5g
- Dynamic Driver 10mm
- DSP CVC 6.0 Noise & Echo Reduction
- Built in Mic with -42db Sensitivity
- 5.5 Hrs Talking, 15.5 Hrs Listening and Standby Time upto 6.5 Days
- Micro Usb Type B Charging Type and 2 Hrs Time
- Lithium Polymer Battery with 80mAh Battery
- Bluetooth Technology used is CSR V4.0 APTX A2DP1.2 / AVRCP1.4
- Supports Profile HSP 1.2/HFP1.6
Choice HC500 2.5″ HDD : Personalized Cloud Storage with ADATA. TV recording Hard Drive. Record your favorite TV programs. Set up personal data cloud with superfast USB 3.0 cable. Use anywhere any time.
ADATA Technology, a leading global manufacturer of high-performance DRAM memory modules and NAND Flash application products, today announced the launch of Choice HC500 2.5″ Hard Drive with TV recording support features. Yes you can call it a TV recording Hard Drive. Pre-loaded Smart backup software allows users to create own Personal Data Cloud using their PC or Smartphones and offers easy connectivity, accessibility of data storage both on PC and TV and are available in 500GB, 1TB and 2TB capacities.
Flawlessly crafted in either titanium or gold matte, the HC500 stands out to be a unique among the traditional HDDs. The super-fast USB 3.0 connectivity gives users faster and direct accessibility. With a simple plug in feature to PC or smart TV, the hard drive enables users to record hours of movies and programs to enjoy full-featured video capabilities such as playback, rewind and fast-forward.
Smart backup software that comes with HC500 Hard drive allows user to back up personal business files, pictures, movies and other media using PC or smartphone. NTI’s Backup Now EZ & MiST personal backup and cloud software conduct backup data and allows to access contents in external hard drive from any location in fingertip. As of now the NTI Backup Now EZ & MiST is available for Windows, while only MiST is available for MacIntosh OS, Android, and iOS. Check out even more tools for qualified purchases by going to ADATA’s website and clicking the “Valuable Software” link.
The multi-talented HC500 has proprietary G Shock Sensor Protection that automatically starts up and displays a flashing red light when it suffers a severe shock from being struck. When the shock is passed, a solid or flashing blue light indicates normal operation has resumed. While HC500 Hard Drive comes loaded with the latest super-fast USB 3.0 interface, it’s also USB 2.0 backwards compatible for legacy devices to quick data access.
Price, Warranty and Availability
All the above HDDs will be available through authorized distributors and channel partners across India carrying a warranty of 3years.
- TV recording Hard Drive (Supports TV Recording Functions)
- Personal Cloud Storage
- Easily Set Up Your Data
- G Shock Sensor Protection
- Rugged Metal Finish
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Op. Voltage: USB DC 5V
- Op. Temperature: 5°C (41°F) to 50°C (121°F)
- Storage Media: 2.5″ SATA HDD
- Size: 115 x 77.6 x 15.5mm (4.5 x 3.0 x 0.6in)
- Weight: 181g/6.4oz (1TB)
Blogging is all about Hope and persistence. Hope because it’s difficult to start earning. Persistence because unless you persist on it you will not see any earning. Under this scenario, it’s common for many bloggers to keep increasing the number blogs. It’s also common for many bloggers to keep proliferating on new niches. Both these acts puts a blogger into a very tricky situation. A situation where he/she is putting hard work on one blog, but the earning is taking place on some other blog. What to do in such a case.
Remember, ignoring the blog where revenue is being created, will not be a good thing. Why? As sooner than later, that revenue will dry up, as you are not putting effort there. So what is the solution?
The solution is researching that blog, and equip oneself with the intelligence as to what factors — content, reader demography etc. is making it click. This intelligence can then be used to improve those blogs as well, where you are are toiling day in and day out.
Many people treat blogging as plain hard work. But, the reality is very different. Blogging is also about things a blogger doesn’t consciously think about. It’s also about Superior intervention (God). That’s why , many a times even those blogs or content performs remarkably well on which you invested least time. That’s why, a second look at what you unconsciously did right at that secondary or least liked blog, can help your entire blogging effort.
I ordered two products from amazon India. A D-Link DSL-2600U Wireless 11n ADSL2+ Router ORDER # 171-0004754-1835527 and a Simplex Camera Tripod Order No. 171-0004754-1835527. I ordered both two times. Both the times opting for Money on Delivery Option. In between I even talked to Amazon customer Care. But unfortunately, I never received the products, even the second time. The second time though, I received an SMS from the Courier, telling me that my product has been delivered and how happy they are to serve me.
The reasons for the above are simple. Since I ordered the products with “Payment on Delivery” the courier company didn’t find it fit to deliver the products at an address which is out of their way.
Things like these make amazon India or amazon.in , a second choice among Indians. A buyer orders a product not to disown them later. He orders them because he needs them. If Amazon can’t deliver products at every address in India, then it must put in place a Flipkart type system, where the buyer gets to know before ordering, whether the product can be delivered at his/her chosen address or not. Unfortunately, Amazon imposes too much faith on Courier and lets you place the order, and many days later, you are told that the address is inaccessible. Sometimes you’re not told even that. For instance, I never received that intimation.
I waited for nearly two months for the products and Only received Delivery SMS & Not the Products.
Dual SIM smartphones are close to Indians. A Dual SIM in a smartphone is a USP itself. That’s why the proliferation of dual SIM smartphones in India is really ground breaking. Equally exponential growth in India is that of Whatsapp. Under this scenario, You will find many people carrying phabets (smartphone + tablet) everywhere you go. Many such Whatsapp users with a Dual SIM smartphone want to use Whatsapp on both their SIMs or numbers , on the same device. The idea is to clearly segregate the professional and personal sphere s of one’s socializing.
To accomplish this all you need is an app , called Switchme Multiple Accounts. Those who are using tablets and smartphones for long would have used similar apps for multiple emails. Below are the steps to install the Switchme Multiple App, to enable you to use two Whatsapp accounts on the same device :
1. Install Switchme Multiple App
2. Open it and create two different WhatsApp accounts/profiles (one linked to each mobile number).
3. The first account (where you install Whatsapp) will automatically be made Administrator Account, which will be master account having access to all data apps on the smartphone. It will be the default download Whatsapp account.
4. For the Second or Slave Whatsapp account, you will have to reinstall Whatsapp and activate. For that simply open Switchme App and select the secondary account. then download the Whatsapp. Followed by registration and activation.
Micromax has launched a new budget smartphone, the Canvas Xpress A99. Below are the specs of Canvas Xpress A99 , a dual SIM (GSM + GSM) smartphone.
- Sports a 4.5-inch FWVGA touchscreen display (854 x 480 pixels resolution)
- Powered by MT6582 quad core chipset 1.3GHz with Mali 400 GPU
- Runs on Android v4.4.2 (KitKat) OS
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB of inbuilt storage, extendable further 32 GB with a microSD card.
- Has a 5MP autofocus rear camera with flash
- A 0.3 MP VGA front facing fixed focus camera,. It supports 720p video recording.
- Connectivity options include : 3G (21Mbps), 2G EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Powered by a 1950mAh battery, which is claimed to offer talktime of 7 hours and standby time of 240 hours.
Click for Details
The Canvas Xpress A99 offers interesting software features such as HotKnot (users can transfer data with a tap. All one needs to do is simply tap the devices’ screen-to-screen or connect the devices through touch to pair them and share images, videos, music and browser URLs) and Smart Wake (users can open their favourite apps through customized gestures and access apps directly from the locked screen).
Click For Details
Micromax Canvas Xpress A99 Price and Availability
The budget smartphone Micromax Canvas Xpress A99 is priced at Rs 6999. The device is exclusively available via Flipkart from Today or December 8 onwards.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU: Ultimate GPU computing. Driven by next-gen NVIDIA Maxwell architecture for performance, unmatched power efficiency.
Savera Marketing yesterday announced the launch of NVIDIA – the first high-end product based on Maxwell™ chip architecture. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) delivers a supreme, massive graphic capabilities and twice efficiency when compared to its previous generation to set a new bar for build quality, performance and efficiency in GPU industry.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 driven from new Maxwell architecture pushes the GPU to its maximum possible level of performance using 2048 CUDA cores, 128 texture units, 64 ROPS and a 256-bit wide memory bus with 4GB of GDDR5. The GM204 has 5.2 billion transistors to double the performance-per-watt over GK107, for improved scheduler, new data path organization, and over 40% delivered performance per CUDA core on GM204.
Mr Gopal Pansari, MD and CEO at Savera Marketing said
“We are happy to launch the fastest single-GPU graphics card which manages to outrun any GPU in their class – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980. This NVIDIA GPU overcomes the limitation of game developers forced to use lighting tricks that compromise scene realism by deploying VXGI, a new NVIDIA technique. This technique accurately depicts indirect lighting, including diffuse lighting, specular lighting and reflections. It is unbelievable fact that NVIDIA has introduced GTX 980 in short span with impressive specs and able to pull off show with the formula that speaks directly to gamer’s heart. We are proud to be associated with NVIDIA GPUs.”
- NVIDIA Maxwell™
- Multi-Frame sampled Anti-Aliasing (MFAA)
- Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR)
- Voxel Global Illumination (VXGI)
- GeForce Experience™
- NVIDIA GameStream™
- NVIDIA G-SYNC™
- NVIDIA GPU Boost™ 2.0
- NVIDIA Adaptive VSync
- NVIDIA Surround with Up To Four Monitors
- NVIDIA SLI® Technology
The three Display Port 1.2 ports, one HDMI 2.0 port, and a dual-link DVI port in GTX 980 offers a bigger benefit by providing a slew of display outputs, boosts improvement with enhanced compression algorithms and caching effectiveness when compared to its previous generation GPUs and Maxwell architecture. NVIDIA Surround Vision and NVIDIA G-SYNC Surround is supported, with three DP ports on the single GPU capable of driving up to four displays, which can be connected to a single card.
Note: The specifications represent this GPU as incorporated into NVIDIA’s reference graphics card design. Graphics card specifications may vary by Add-in-card manufacturer. Please refer to the Add-in-card manufacturers’ website for actual shipping specifications.
Security maker ESET alerts users on the rapidly booming Cyber Monday and Black Friday sales. Indians are getting a taste of them, in Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon sales. Since the social media is helping to whip up the holiday sales, ESET alerts online buyers to take bit of care and attention to sort the genuine bargains pop via Facebook, Twitter and e-mail.
Cyber Monday: How to shop safely
- Make sure your bank has an up-to-date telephone number for you: this will allow them to get in touch rapidly if they notice suspicious transactions. This can help both to speed through genuine transactions – and to stop criminals in their tracks if your card number is being misused.
- Be ultra-cautious of ‘bargains’ and social-media offers around iPhones, Samsung phones, games consoles and iPads on Cyber Monday. The UK organization Get Safe Online says that these are the items most commonly involved in fraudulent sales or auctions, along with fashion items such as Ugg boots.
- Buy items using credit cards, not debit cards – credit cards usually offer protection against fraud, whereas many debit cards do not.
- Where possible, ensure that your cards are enrolled in schemes such as Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode, which offer an additional layer of protection when buying online.
- Check delivery and returns policies where you can – one of the most common frauds during the holiday season is to deliver fake or faulty goods, and then refuse to refund the money.
- Shop on PC with anti-malware protection if you can – but if you are using mobile, use security software. Last year saw mobile sales leap to around 20% of holiday-season shopping, according to a We Live Security report – and rise 187% year-on-year according to GigaOM. Good Mobile AV software will alert you if you’re being directed to a bogus site.
- If you are using a PC to buy, spring clean before you shop – update your browser, plug-ins, OS, and flush with good AV software.
- The browser bar is your friend: check the spelling of any site you’re shopping from, and check to see that there’s a ‘lock’ symbol and HTTPS to show you’re secure when you’re about to buy. If it’s not there, leave.
- Auction sites are rife with fraud on Cyber Monday- and be extra wary around expensive items. Always choose a payment method approved by the site and covered by their insurance – and never pay direct to the seller.
- Don’t click on a link your friend sends you, or you see shared on Facebook – no matter how good the bargain is. That’s just asking to be sent to a fake site. Instead, go in via the front page, and find the item from there – if it is a sale item the retailer is pushing, it will be easy to find anyway.
- Don’t overshare. Many frauds rely on you handing over information, thinking you’re making a purchase – then the fraudster uses your information to drain funds from your account. If you’re asked for ‘extra’ info, such as a social security number, or phone number, be wary.
- If a bargain appears on a store you’ve never heard of, step back and use a search engine to find reviews of the store, and see how long it’s been around for. If information seems to be lacking, don’t buy.