Intex Smartwatch iRist becomes the first Android based smartwatch by an Indian smartphone player : 600mAH Battery, Camera with Face Recognition …
Wearable tech is the latest trend in the tech World. Both consumers and the makers are trying to get a perfect wearable tech gadget. Intex Technologies, the second largest smartphone maker of Indian origin, with a market share of 10.5%, just hours ago launched its first wearable gadget, the Intex smartwatch iRist. Intex launched its iRist smartwatch at MWC Shanghai.
Obliviously, Intex smartwatch IRist is a smartphone like device to be worn at wrist.
Intex smartwatch IRist Specs and features
- Scratch free 1.56 inch Sapphire glass display with 240×240 Resolution that reproduces 16million colors.
- The Intex smartwatch comes with with an in-built 3G SIM support that enables the user to make/receive calls through IRist independently without carrying their smartphone. Thus the Intex smartwatch Supports 3G Sim and standalone calling feature.
- A complementary app for iRist called iConnect syncs with your smartphone giving info on missed calls, unread messages and call logs of the phone.
- Has a powerful 5MP camera; one of the best in the category of smartwatches and with a Face Detection feature. Another rarity.
- 32GB extendable memory & 600 mAh battery, a rarity in smartwatches, offering a standby time of up to 200 hours or 8 days; and a talk time of up to 4 hours.
- Enables messaging and mail using voice command as well as a fully functional keyboard. The voice command feature is also being pitched as a voice assistant that sends emails, messages, dial numbers, opens and closes apps et al at the command of your voice.
- Features an inbuilt pedometer to help you keep a track of every step you take. Makes it a fitness band as well, that’s it keeps track of every step you take and the caries you burnt. iConnect app will have fitness section to it as well, so that your fitness effort is safely stored, so that you can see your fitness history and milestones reached.
- The iRist can act as a navigator as well. It can guide your way to your destination as the IRist is GPS navigation enabled.
- The Intex smartwatch iRist comes with a Bluetooth headset giving you the convenience of answering calls, listening to music track.
- Besides, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features enable seamless internet access and file sharing. Such as clicking the vivid images with Intex IRist and sharing them with friends anytime on the go. How smoothly and quickly, only hands-on experience can tell ?
- Storage : 4GB Inbuilt Storage and a 512 MB RAM. The storage can be extended further 32GB that is a rarity in smartwatch category.
- Packed with a 1.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor, the IRist runs on an Android OS, Kitkat 4.4.2 and has an in-built PlayStore App.
On the launch Mr. Keshav Bansal, Director, Intex Technologies said,
“We are stepping into a new era of innovation with the launch of the IRist. Today through this platform we have established our brand as a global dimensional entity that believes in bringing the best in class technology through its products. With the announcement of this new wearable by Intex, we are introducing a different category of products to our audience. We aim at taking home the advanced technology by our brand in order to familiarize the masses with the feature rich products which add convenience to their lives. We have always believed in improving the quality of life of people by empowering them with latest technological products at affordable price.”
Intex Smartwatch IRist comes in three colors : Black, Pink and Orange.